Quicksilver Horn Mono Amplifier (One Pair)
QUICKSILVER HORN MONO AMPLIFIER
The Horn Mono Amplifier is designed specifically for use with very efficient loudspeakers. It has extremely low noise and distortion and approximately 18db less gain than Quicksilver's standard amplifiers. This avoids the noise and gain problems that normally appear when using horn speakers. The amplifier is designed to sound superb at the extremely low levels (milliwatts) that horn loudspeakers require. Many amplifiers actually have higher distortion at these low levels.
As with all Quicksilver amplifiers many different output tubes may be plugged in directly with no adjustments: matched pairs of EL34, KT90, KT88, KT77, KT66, 6550 or 6L6 output tubes. The power supply has over 100 joules of storage and the power cord has an IEC connector.
Quicksilver Horn Mono Amplifier Specifications
- Power output: 25 watts into 4 or 8 ohms from 20Hz to 20 KHz
- Power bandwidth: 9Hz - 100kHz
- Peak power: 50 watts
- Input sensitivity: 9 volt
- Input impedance: 100k ohms
- Tube complement: 1-12DW7 and 2-EL34 output tubes
- Chassis: Chrome over nickel
- Dimensions: 6"h x 14 3/4"d x 9 1/4"w
- Weight: 30 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 years parts and labor, tubes 90 days